Tuesday, July 26, 2011

denim, leather, and heels

     These past few days I have been really into fashion editorial pictures. I've been looking at tons of fashion ads to see their pictures. One stood out the most to me, Guess. I came across their ad in vogue magazine and when I was in their store yesterday I saw life size pictures covering the wall.

    I got so inspired. I love high contrasted black & white editorial shots. I spent the last few days at Emma's house and we really wanted to do a photo shoot. I wasn't positive on which direction to go in. But I did know I wanted to shoot some polaroids before. The first thought was makeup. I always loved the big cat eye Amy Winehouse always wears, so I wanted to start with that.


     As soon as we had the makeup on Emma the Guess photoshoots came in mind. Now we had our idea to work off of. I wanted lots of denim, leather, and heels. Thinking of the vintage 50's kind of look made me want to incorporate Rosie the Riveter.


     First thing we did was Emma's makeup. We shot a few polaroids then we went out to our location. This was the first time we brought change of clothes and shoes and a bunch of different things. I have to say, it was one of the most fun shoots we did together. We didn't really plan too much or force anything. Most of the shots were natural when Emma was fixing her hair or looking at someone jogging, and I think that helped the photographs.





     We had so much fun shooting and I wanted to share a little 'behind the scenes' blog on the day. I'll be uploading more in the next few days to my flickr.

xx austin

No comments:

Post a Comment