Tuesday, August 2, 2011

5 people i look up to

     I'm on vacation all week and I wanted to do a blog post, because the day after I get home I start school. I've been out in the sun the past two days, so today I came back to the and started researching photos and such for this blog. It started out as a current obsession post but it manifested itself into an inspiration post. I wanted to put together a collection of my favorite work from some of my favorite artist. I choose five of them. They're are many many more artist that I look up to and follow but these are the first five that came to mind.

     The first person I chose was Nick Knight. I found him through his website showstudio.com. If you haven't seen this site I suggest bookmarking it. Through his site I have found many other designers and artist. Nick Knight, if you do not already know, is a fashion photographer. His work is amazing. He is known for bridging fashion, film, and technology. I applaud him for his work in both the fashion and art world.




     The second artist I chose was Gareth Pugh. He is an english designer. I found him through one of his films he did last summer. Whenever I see a fashion film or interview that I really enjoy I go back and look the person up and watch interviews on them. That's what I did with Gareth and I liked what I found. He really fought his way into the industry and his work is like no other.


     He works with Nick Knight often and that's why I chose to put these two back to back. 









     The third person, or people, is Nicola Formichette and Rick Genest. I wanted to include both of them together. Because without one is not the other. Rick Genest was found through myspace/facebook by Nicola Formichetti who wanted to use him in the Mugler fashion show. Rick hit it big because he is now the leading image for mugler and was featured in the Lady Gaga music video for born this way. He is also being featured by other artist and is only heading up from here.


     Nicola Formichette as I said above is the head creative designer for Mugler. He is also one of Lady Gaga's memebers on the haus of gaga, and one of her best friends. He helps her in music videos and also styles her. He is extremely creative and is really prominent in the fashion world right now.




     The next person I picked was Terry Richardson. Terry Richardson is the photographer for the stars. He has photographed almost everyone out there, from britney spears, lil wayne, kanye west, justin bieber, and lady gaga. That it how I discovered him. He shot Lady Gaga for supreme, he also shot her for rolling stones and harpers bazaar. His work is very real and candid. I really like his work.

     He has been on the road following Lady Gaga shooting for 10 months. And in November 2011 the two are releasing a 350+ photo book. 

 


    The last but definitely not the least is the late Alexander McQueen. I discovered him through style.com in 2009. I followed every fashion show he did. I have to say that he is and always will be one of the most creative artist in the world. His clothing, his eye, his whole persona is genious. I think it is fit to have him last in this line up. He is very special and greatly missed by many.

     Long live McQueen.



     I have to say this has taken me about 5 hours to put together. Whether it was making the collage pictures, or looking up the images. But most of all was trying to upload this pictures. The hotel wifi is very slow so it took about 10 min to upload one image. With that said I hope that you all enjoy it and maybe find inspiration from some of them like I did.


xx austin

No comments:

Post a Comment