Friday, May 18, 2012

Florence + the Machine - Jazz Fest 2012

So if you read my previous blog post you would have been aware that I have been laptop-less for the past weeks. My dell laptop, which I've been using for two years, got its motherboard completely fried. Which means I lost everything. It would have been too costly to get repaired so I just made the switch and got a 15" MacBook Pro. Just got it yesterday and I can honestly say that in little over 24 hours it has made my life so much easier. With uploading and organizing my pictures and the speed when opening programs and editing pictures. I also can feel comfortable with editing because I know what the picture actually looks like thanks to the graphic quality compared to my previous laptop. Over all, money well spent.

With my new macbook I was able to, finally, edit my pictures from Jazz Fest a few weeks ago. I checked out of school at 9am because I was "sick". Little did I know that I would be filmed and interviewed the second I entered the festival and it would play on television.. just my luck, right? So all my teachers saw me on the news bragging about how I skipped school to see Florence + the Machine and was wearing my sweatshirt to sweat out my "fever". It was possibly the most mortifying and hilarious thing to happen yet.
We waited 6 hours for Florence. As soon as we got in we found the stage she would be playing at and grabbed the front row spots and sat there until she came on. By the time it was 5pm the crowd went back as far as the eye could see. We had amazing spots, front row center. When Florence came out I was able to get so many amazing pictures of her and throughout her performance she would look down at us and even waved once. It was amazing.. 















So happy with how the pictures came out. I was going to wait to do this post once I developed my film, but I'm not even half finished and I couldn't wait any longer to post these! enjoy :)

xx austin

No comments:

Post a Comment